We currently have 2 positions with the ACE Group (Engineering) Ltd available.
Field Service Contract Manager
Huddersfield / Manchester
Permanent / Full Time Role
The Contract Manager’s task is to ensure consistent management of all proposals and contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as developments of specific standards for bidding and proposal submission, contract negotiations and document management.
The Contract Managers role in the aftermarket department requires close collaboration with the sales department, installation department, service co-ordinators, service engineers, Health and Safety manager and service director.
The role will require that the successful candidate will gain a working knowledge of our Protean software system for service contract administration.
- Oversee organisational contract development and management activities , and enforce ACE
- Group aftermarket principles including integrity and compliance
- Ensure that contracts and proposals are properly entered into the ACE group database
- Develop standards for contracts including payment terms, onsite Health and Safety requirements, service methodology and continuous improvement philosophy
- Candidate will be responsible for profit and loss on contracted customers
- Identify and report any shortfalls in engineering training for field service personnel
- Conduct client contract reviews as necessary or dictated by the service contract
- Conduct contract strategy meetings to identify any issues and client requirements
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text, parts lists, user manuals and other attachments
- Serve as primary ACE group contact during contract negotiations
- Ensure breakdown cover for all service contracts is in place and functioning correctly
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with the service director about all contractual issues
- Engage service director in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards
- Identify and communicate (via the sales department) continuous improvement
opportunities, added value and other business prospects
- Provide technical support to clients, and service department
- HNC/ONC education
- MUST be a team player and have the ability to promote team philosophy
- Experience of working within the compressed air sector desirable but not essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong verbal and written skills and ability to convey complex information in a way others can readily follow
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills both in one on one and group situations
- Ability to systematically analyse complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions
- This is a “glass half full” job role
- Full UK driving licence
- Reports to Service Director
- Works with service department, sales department and installation department
- Aligns with other managers of business operation including finance, sales and health and safety
Remuneration depending on experience.
Salary on application